Okay, time to get technical for a moment. The 50th parallel is the latitudinal line that cuts through Lake Country – or, in layman’s terms, the reason this winery is blessed by some of the longest sunlight exposures around. Combine this with rare red granite soil and you’ve got the recipe for vintages with terroirs that are hard to come by, even by Okanagan standards.
Pinot Noir is the specialty here, with sultry silken textures suited for royalty. Viticulture isn’t the only thing 50th Parallel excel at though, with sharp modernist architecture that speaks to the precision of their operation, containing a restaurant that’s a work of engineering excellence all on its own. Ask one of the staff what a cantilever is and prepare to marvel.
- Regular tastings are complimentary when you purchase any bottle.
- Grape to Glass philosophical vineyard tour complete with premium tasting – $45 per guest.
- The Mini Grape to Glass whistle-stop tour and essential tasting – $25 per guest.
- BLOCK ONE restaurant serving up farm-to-table delights carefully paired with vineyard wines and architectural wonders.
- Several bookable venues for private intimate dinners, canapé receptions, fully catered dining experiences, corporate retreats, and full-blown wedding receptions.
Yes, your dog can go anywhere at 50th Parallel as long as they remain on-leash.
Visit this Winery in Lake Country:
Address: 17101 Terrace View Road Lake Country, BC
Website | Instagram