Step 3: Prepare The Egg Yolk Mixture
Cut the eggs in half. Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites, and place the yolks in a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to mash the yolks into a fine crumble. I find that mashing the yolks separately gives the salad a smooth rich and buttery texture. Mix in the mayonnaise, yogurt, mustard, lemon juice, and pickle juice to the yolks until smooth.
Step 4: Chop the ingredients and mix the egg salad
Dice the egg whites, pickles, and celery into ¼” pieces and add to the mixing bowl. Thinly slice the chives and parsley, and add to the bowl with the remaining ingredients. Gently fold in the egg salad ingredients until well incorporated. Season to taste with additional salt and pepper if necessary.
Step 5: Serve & Enjoy The Best Egg Salad Recipe!
Serve immediately or refrigerate in a sealed container for up to 5 days. I find the egg salad tastes even better on the second day.
Egg salad can be enjoyed as a filling in the classic egg salad sandwich between two pieces of your favorite bread with butter lettuce. Or as an alternative to bread, egg salad is also delicious in a wrap with lettuce. Egg salad can be so versatile. Use it as an hors d’oeuvre by topping it on some sliced cucumber, rice cakes, or use it as a salad topping.
8 large eggs
⅓ cup mayonnaise
2 tbsp plain greek yogurt
1 ½ tsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp chives finely sliced
1 tbsp fresh chopped dill
1 tbsp dill pickle finely diced
1 tbsp dill pickle juice
1 tsp fresh chopped parsley
3 tbsp celery finely diced
1 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
¼ tsp paprika
¼ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
- Peel the hard boiled eggs and cut in half. Remove the egg yolks and place in a medium size mixing bowl.
- Mash the egg yolks until they have a small crumbly texture.
- Mix in the mayonnaise, greek yogurt, dijon mustard, lemon juice and pickle juice until smooth.
- Chop egg whites ¼” and add to the egg salad mixture.
- Gently fold in the remaining ingredients until just combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve on bread over butter leaf lettuce.
- Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed container for up to 5 days.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 278Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 380mgSodium: 589mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 14g